What are Invisalign® Clear Braces?
Invisalign Clear Braces are aligners that are made from a clear plastic material. These aligners are designed to slowly shift your teeth into proper alignment. Our patients love Invisalign for the comfort, convenience, and discretion they provide.
Invisalign Clear Braces vs. Traditional Braces
Invisalign, unlike traditional metal braces, are discrete. Invisalign aligners, as the name suggests, are nearly invisible. Invisalign won’t negatively impact your appearance while you’re straightening your teeth. For patients with image- or personnel-focused jobs, Invisalign is the perfect solution. You are free to remove the aligners at your leisure, making eating and photos easier than ever. Invisalign patients have zero dietary restrictions and can easily brush and floss their teeth.
Other Benefits of Invisalign Clear Braces
- Comfort – The plastic material of Invisalign tends to be non-irritating to the gum tissue. Our aligners are custom-made to achieve a flawless and comfortable fit.
- No Brackets or Wires – You don’t have to worry about the inside of your lips, cheeks, or tongue being cut by metal, because Invisalign uses no brackets or wires.
- Speed Up Treatment Time – In many cases, treatment can take half the time of traditional braces. The series of Invisalign aligners are completely customized to your smile, which allows for effective treatment when properly worn.
- Invisalign Teen – Teenagers are busy and more apt to remove and lose their retainer. Because of this, the Invisalign Teen program allows a certain amount of replacement aligners, at no cost.
How Do I Get Invisalign Clear Braces?
- Come in for a consultation. During this time, we may take x-rays to get a more complete picture of your dental health.
- Get impressions taken. Using the Invisalign system, we can take digital images of your mouth. These images are used to:
- Create a customized treatment plan
- Create custom-made aligners
- Your customized treatment plan will detail how long you can expect treatment to take and breaks down every phase of your alignment treatment. This plan helps us make sure that your realignment is progressing as planned.
- Receive your custom-made aligners. Your first aligners may take a couple of weeks to arrive. Then, about every one to two weeks, you will receive a new set of aligners. It is important that you use your aligners about 22 hours a day to stay on track with your treatment plan.
- Attend regular check-ups. During these visits, we will make sure your teeth are progressing and may make adjustments to your treatment plan where needed.
Get Your Dream Smile!
At Dental Specialties Northwest, we want your smile to be as glamorous as you are! Call 206-682-8200 to talk with our staff about how we can help your smile dreams come true!